Saturday, 25 September 2010
Friday, 24 September 2010
I have sent an email visually 'talking' all though how to get on here & post on here, so we should find some more posts hopefully over the weekend
I really enjoyed last night and promise not to inhale to much Smooch in future!!!!
I shall leave this blog as: everyone can view it, or we wont get any publicity at all for when we are ready to exhibit.
Thursday, 23 September 2010
Monday, 20 September 2010
Sorry, I've been having a little blog trouble this morning - I hope you can now read the list! Hope you are all looking forward to this coming Thursday for our first meeting. Just thought I'd remind you of what you need to bring.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SEPTEMBER MEETING
- Fat Quarter of Calico
- Stabiliser – 70 Lutradur or medium Vilene or any similar weight stabiliser
- Wooden embroidery hoop (if machine embroidery)
- Sewing kit consisting of scissors, needles, ruler, stitch unpicker, pins, air/water erasable pen (and anything else that you use for general sewing).
- Mixed threads for hand and machine or wools/cottons for knitting or crochet
- Rotary Cutter
- Pack of mixed fabrics (just small pieces of different kinds – any)
- You may want to include some small pieces of felt or wadding.
- Colouring medium – crayons, pencils, paint, silk or fabric paints – (just bring a few - what you already have)
- Sewing machine if applicable and you want to use your own.
- If you bring your own machine – you need the buttonhole foot! *class machines will not be available for the first meeting. You will be using the same requirements for each meeting so once you have them together you are set for the next few months with the addition of only a few small items. Please can you also remember to have your subscription ready at the first meeting. Many thanks and look forward to seeing you all on Thursday. Brenda