Monday, 20 December 2010
Sunday, 19 December 2010
Sunday, 28 November 2010
Friday, 26 November 2010
Monday, 1 November 2010
Sunday, 31 October 2010
Thursday, 28 October 2010
Melody - Milton Hayes & Cuthbert Clarke, 1911
There's a one-eyed yellow idol
To the north of Kathmandu;
There's a little marble cross below the town;
And a brokenhearted woman
Tends the grave of 'Mad' Carew,
While the yellow god for ever gazes down
Thanks for a lovely evening girls x
Friday, 22 October 2010
OCTOBER NEWSLETTER 2010
Our first meeting got off to an excellent start and hope by now you have managed to make one or two of the little squares using the three prompt words – Angle, Arc and Aperture. I am still working on mine!
Sally made an excellent suggestion for us all to contribute one of our squares which we would mount on the lovely boards Shelagh kindly gave us, to make our first joint display item. The square for this can be chosen from your collection at the end of the ‘challenge’.
OCTOBER MEETING ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
You will all now have a good idea of what materials you need to bring to the first few meetings to make the little squares but each month there may be one or two additions to that list. This month’s ‘extras’ are listed below:
Any of the following: buttons, press studs, hooks & eyes, safety pins, medium/large beads, Velcro or anything you can think of along these lines, without giving too much away????!!!!
MISSING SEPTEMBER 2011 DATE
Apologies for missing this date from the Affinity calendar. Please can you insert
22nd September 2011 in your diaries.
We decided that the Trading Post which is located just before the roundabout (coming from Kettering), which leads onto the A43. There is easy parking and the meals are good.
The date decided upon was 29th November which, for the City & Guilds Machine Embroidery Group, the last class before Christmas. Bee Inspired have agreed that we can start and finish our class later that day. Unfortunately the Trading Post doesn’t take bookings so we will discuss what we want to do at our meeting next week.
Look forward to seeing you all at our next meeting on 28th October 7 pm.
Monday, 11 October 2010
Saturday, 25 September 2010
Friday, 24 September 2010
I have sent an email visually 'talking' all though how to get on here & post on here, so we should find some more posts hopefully over the weekend
I really enjoyed last night and promise not to inhale to much Smooch in future!!!!
I shall leave this blog as: everyone can view it, or we wont get any publicity at all for when we are ready to exhibit.
Thursday, 23 September 2010
Monday, 20 September 2010
Sorry, I've been having a little blog trouble this morning - I hope you can now read the list! Hope you are all looking forward to this coming Thursday for our first meeting. Just thought I'd remind you of what you need to bring.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SEPTEMBER MEETING
- Fat Quarter of Calico
- Stabiliser – 70 Lutradur or medium Vilene or any similar weight stabiliser
- Wooden embroidery hoop (if machine embroidery)
- Sewing kit consisting of scissors, needles, ruler, stitch unpicker, pins, air/water erasable pen (and anything else that you use for general sewing).
- Mixed threads for hand and machine or wools/cottons for knitting or crochet
- Rotary Cutter
- Pack of mixed fabrics (just small pieces of different kinds – any)
- You may want to include some small pieces of felt or wadding.
- Colouring medium – crayons, pencils, paint, silk or fabric paints – (just bring a few - what you already have)
- Sewing machine if applicable and you want to use your own.
- If you bring your own machine – you need the buttonhole foot! *class machines will not be available for the first meeting. You will be using the same requirements for each meeting so once you have them together you are set for the next few months with the addition of only a few small items. Please can you also remember to have your subscription ready at the first meeting. Many thanks and look forward to seeing you all on Thursday. Brenda
Friday, 17 September 2010
Thursday, 16 September 2010
Friday, 27 August 2010
I am looking forward to our first meeting, hopefully will be fun & informative!!!??
Happy holidays Brenda, hope the weather is MUCH better for you.